At Premier School of Building we are working to serve our clients more effectively. Looking after the personal data you share with us is an important part of this. We want you to be confident that your data is safe and secure with us, and understand how we use it to offer the best service.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time, so please check regularly to keep informed of updates to this policy.
The Data Controller is Premier School of Building (referred to as PSB in this Policy).
- the types of personal data we collect
- how and why we collect and use your data
- when and why we may share data with other organisations
- the rights and choices you have when it comes to your data
Using our service means:
- contacting us by phone or e-mail or otherwise and using our website
- completing the Apply Now form on our website
- contacting us using the contact form on our website
This Policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about our courses.
Personal data we collect from you when you use our service.
When you contact us or we contact you:
- Your personal details, including your name, postal address, email address, phone number and employer details.
- Information about any device you have used to access our website and/or to contact us including IP address etc.
- Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our courses, (for example, your name and contact details) including by phone, email or post.
- Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on.
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
How and why we collect and use personal data.
PSB process your personal data so that we can:
- contact you with information about our courses, to provide the necessary details to enable you to purchase the course most suitable for your requirements
- contact you in order to give constructive feedback on the lesson answers you send to us
- develop and improve our course range, information technology systems and the way we communicate with you.
- respond to enquiries from you to provide clarification or assistance
- carry out market research to improve our service, however, if we contact you about this, you do not have to take part and If you tell us that you do not want us to contact you for market research, we will respect this choice.
When and why we may share personal data with other organisations
PSB share personal data with other organisations and we require them to keep it safe, and not use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
- to a courier or postal service to enable course material to be delivered to your home or work address
- if the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data
- if we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk)
- to any other successors in title to our business.
- fraud prevention agencies: If when placing an order with us false or inaccurate information is provided by you and fraud is identified or suspected, your details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
- Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
- For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, contact us using the contact details provided.
- You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which regulates the processing of personal data.
How we protect your personal data
- We use computer safeguards such as firewalls, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to those employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
- However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
How long we keep personal data for
We will not keep your personal data longer than we need to, how long this is depend on several factors, including:
- Why we collected it in the first place
- How old it is
- Whether there is a legal/regulatory reason for us to keep it
- Whether we need it to protect you or us
Cookies and similar technologies
- Cookies are small data files that allow a website to collect and store a range of data on your desktop computer, laptop or mobile device.
- Cookies help us to provide important features and functionality on our website and we use them to improve your customer experience.
- You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies. You can also set your browser to notify you each time new Cookies are placed on your computer or other device. You can find more detailed information about how you can manage Cookies at the All About Cookies and YourOnlineChoices websites
- If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our Website.
You have a right to see the personal data we hold about you. This is called a Subject Access Request.
If you would like a copy of the personal data we hold about you, please write to:
Data Protection Officer
Premier School of Building
Suite 11; Friars Nook
43 White Friars
Chester; CH1 1AD
Other Data Protection Rights
In relation to your personal data, you also have the right to:
- Ask that we update your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Ask that we erase your information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse the request.
- The right to make a complaint with the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk if you think that any of your rights have been infringed.